molly

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Car Blanket

My son would play for hours with his Hot Wheels and Tonka cars.  Lining them up all over the living room.  So I made him a car blanket and then he had hours of fun moving them along the roads.  Well that was 2o years ago.  So when my great nephew came along I searched high and low for the material to make him a car blanket as he loves playing with cars too!  I decided to make Kane's a quillow so he could take it with him everywhere, adding a zipper pocket to hold his cars in.  Here is the out come.






3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I have the newsprint fabric in my stash. Would you mind sharing where you purchased the fabric for the car mat? Did you stitch the dividing lines on the black roads or is that part of the print?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased the car mat fabric at Beverly's but I did find some on line too. I put a layer of Warm and Natural and a backing and stitched around the roads and then put a binding on it. I found a tutorial for a quillow and modfied it to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over fom Sew many ways, and wanted to say I think this is fab, hope it's ok o Pin it fir future inspiration

    ReplyDelete